Biochemistry Study Service
The study of the biochemical properties of drugs can help clients to explore the properties of drugs at the molecular level and further study the potency of druggability. Creative Biolabs has a variety of technology platforms, professional research teams, a variety of advanced biological instruments and biological laboratories. Creative Biolabs has a wide range of rich experience in molecular biology, cell biology and structural biology. Through the cell level technology platform, Creative Biolabs helps customers conduct compounds screening and characteristics, action mechanism and biomarkers analysis research, guaranteeing the strong implementation of the project and helping customers to promote the progress of drug development.
We provide but are not limited to:
- Drug plasma protein binding rate. Drug plasma protein binding rate is the percentage of the amount of drug binding to plasma protein in the total drug concentration. It is one of the important parameters of drug biochemistry. It affects the distribution, metabolism and excretion of drugs in the body, relating to the intensity and duration of drug action. This study is often closely related to the interaction and mechanism of action of drugs. Creative Biolabs can provide commonly used methods for the study, including conventional equilibrium dialysis, ultrafiltration, hypercentrifugation, gel filtration, distributive equilibrium, stable isotope-GC-MS and spectroscopic techniques.
- Conventional equilibrium dialysis.
- Gel filtration.
- Distributive equilibrium.
- Stable isotope-GC-MS.
- Spectroscopic techniques.
- HPLC service.
- UV service.
- HPLC - UV service.
- Automated Patch-Clamp. Qpatch 16X from Denmark, introduced by Creative Biolabs, uses a glass chip similar to the traditional patch clamp to form a gigabit seal and achieve high-throughput detection with accurate measurements of 16 cells at a time. The members of the hERG toxicity evaluation team at Creative Biolabs have many years of electrophysiological work experience.
- Conventional Patch-Clamp. Conventional Patch-Clamp is the most important technology to research on ion channels, which has been recognized as the "gold standard" of ion channel research. It is the most accurate measurement of ion channel experiment method and is suitable for the study of biochemistry. This method can also be used to declare new drug candidate drug toxicity in the process of evaluation and structure optimization of lead compounds.
- Thallium Assay. Thallium assay used FluxORTM fluorescent dye for the assay of the effects of compounds on the potassium channels of hERG. FluxORTM Thallium assay has been widely used by pharmaceutical companies and scientific research institutions internationally for the assay of hERG activity, as it could be used for high throughput assay on 96-well or 384-well plates, thus being suitable for the preliminary screening of compounds and the study of biochemistry.
- Gardiner P, et al. Plasma Protein Binding as an Optimizable Parameter for Acidic Drugs. Drug Metab Dispos. 2019, 47(8):865-873.
- Saxena P, et al. Correlation between human ether-a-go-go-related gene channel inhibition and action potential prolongation. Br J Pharmacol. 2017, 174(18):3081-3093.
*For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.