Early Toxicity Evaluation
Creative Biolabs provides a variety of efficient early toxicological evaluation services to support early drug development and selection/optimization. According to customer requirements, Creative Biolabs can conduct in vitro toxicology evaluation and in vivo toxicological evaluation to evaluate the toxicity tendency, so that customers can optimize the compounds with a high probability of success as soon as possible. Creative Biolabs has an internationally certified laboratory that can carry out a full range of early toxicological evaluation.
Early Toxicological Evaluation Services We Can Provide:
- In vitro Toxicity Evaluation Services
- High-Throughput Screening (HTS) and High-Content Screening (HCS) Platform. HTS and HCS platform is a widely used technique in the early stage of drug development, which can be applied to multiple aspects of compound detection. Its main advantage is that it can screen a large number of samples at the same time and provide the information with reference value quickly. HTS and HCS toxicity screening can detect the toxicity of a large number of compounds simultaneously, helping customers reduce the development time significantly.
- Hepatotoxicity Analysis Service. Drug metabolism and detoxification mainly occur in the liver, so the liver is the most easily affected organ by drugs. Hepatotoxicity is one of the items that must be tested for drug safety. Early detection of potential toxicity can lead to significant savings in development cost and improve drug conversion rates.
- Cardiotoxicity Analysis Service. The cardiac toxicity of drugs mainly manifests in the inhibition of cardiac cell ion channels, which affects the normal electrophysiological activities of cardiac cells, usually leading to prolonged QT interval and arrhythmia. And sudden cardiac death can occur in severe cases. Cardiotoxicity is a major obstacle to drug development.
- Neurotoxicity Analysis Service. The nervous system plays an important role in the physiological regulation of the whole body. Nervous system dysfunction can do harm far beyond the nervous system itself. The nerve damage caused by them is often serious and irreversible, so the screening of neurotoxicity is of great significance.
- Nephrotoxicity Analysis Service. Nephrotoxicity can be detected early in the corresponding cell or animal model, providing important reference for drug development.
- Genotoxicity Analysis Service. Genotoxicity refers to those that cause heritable changes in the chromosomes of germ cells. In early toxicity tests, the detection of a drug's genotoxicity is usually consistent with the detection of its carcinogenic toxicity. Genotoxicity may have more serious consequences than other organ toxicity, because it is related to gene mutation and chromosomal aberrations and can be amplified or inherited.
- Endocrine Disruption Analysis Service. When drugs interfere with the endocrine system, they may cause developmental abnormalities, reproductive disorders, increased risk of cancer abnormal immune function and impaired nervous system function. Sex hormone levels are most often affected.
- Mitochondrial Toxicity Analysis Service. Mitochondrial toxicity has become an important factor in the failure of drug development or the limitation of clinical application. Some drugs are required to be marketed for reevaluation because of the risk of mitochondrial toxicity. Mitochondrial toxicity is an important part of the safety evaluation of drug candidates.
- Drug-Drug Interaction Analysis Service. Drug-drug interaction (DDI) is a test item recommended by the FDA for new drug development.
- In Vivo Toxicological Evaluation Services
- Local Toxicity Assay Services. Local toxicity refers to the direct damage caused by some drugs at the site of contact with the body. It initially appears as cell death at the site of direct contact. It mainly includes stimulation test, irritability test and hemolytic test.
- Dose Range Assay Services. Creative Biolabs helps clients explore dose-response relationships and dose-toxicity relationships, discovering appropriate dose range for clinical trials.
- Acute Toxicity Assay Services. Acute toxicity evaluation is one of the basic types of in vivo safety evaluation. It plays a special role in safety evaluation. MTD or MFD can be determined in the initial acute toxicity assay.
- Repeat Administration Toxicity Assay Service. Repeated administration toxicity assay is to observe the long-term toxicity reaction of the drug to animals, after the main pharmacodynamics and acute toxicity tests of the new drug have been completed and the value of further study has been confirmed.
- Toxokinetics Analysis Service. Toxicokinetics is an integral part of preclinical study. On the basis of understanding the results of toxicity studies, this study compares the results with clinical data to evaluate safety in humans. The emphasis of toxicokinetics is to explain the results of toxicity tests and to improve the value of safety evaluation data.
Thank you for choosing our early toxicological evaluation. If you have any questions, please contact our staff, we will answer and serve you immediately.
*For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.