Neurotoxicity Analysis Service
The nervous system plays an important role in the physiological regulation of the whole body. Nervous system dysfunction can do harm far beyond the nervous system itself, and other system dysfunction can also change the function of the nervous system. Damage to the nervous system is one of the manifestations of drug poisoning. Neurotoxicity is a relatively hidden toxic reaction. Once neurotoxic drugs enter the clinical stage, their harm is hard to be noticed and found. However, the nerve damage caused by them is often serious and irreversible, so the screening of neurotoxicity is of great significance.
By focusing on quality, scientific knowledge, flexibility and responsiveness, Creative Biolabs co-works with our customers to provide an extensive neurotoxicity testing service that brings the quality of our toxicology testing services up to global regulatory standards. Our services are designed to help customers around the world shorten research time and reduce the cost of development of new drugs through cost control and efficient outsourcing. We regard the success of your project as our greatest achievement.
We provide but are not limited to:
- Induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS cells). Like embryonic stem cells, iPS cells have the ability to differentiate into cells that make up mature organs. The neurons (hNeuron) formed from the directed differentiation of human neural stem cells (hNSC) is suitable for neurotoxicity testing, drug validation and metabolic studies, drug screening and electrophysiological applications.
- 2D neuronal drug screening and toxicity testing. (1) Neurite outgrowth assay. When cultured human nerve cells are treated with drugs, the morphology of the neurons is detected and analyzed. (2) CCK8 assay、Alamar Blue assay、LDH assay. After the cultured human nerve cells are treated with drugs, the absorbance value and fluorescence value are detected by ELIASA. (3) TUNEL assay. After being treated with drugs, the number of apoptotic cells is counted by operetta test.
- Drug screening and toxicity testing of 3D cerebral organoids. (1) After being treated with the drug, operetta test or the microscope are used to analyze the morphology of the 3D cerebral organoids, including the diameter, circumference and so on. (2) CTG assay. After treatment with drugs, the content of ATP is detected by ELIASA. (3) Cortical formation experiment. After treatment with drugs, the proportion and distribution of the expression cells of various cortical markers are detected by fluorescence staining in frozen sections.
- Related cell function evaluation techniques and methods. By isolating cardiomyocytes and vascular endothelial cells and culturing them in vitro, the effects of toxins on the morphology, function, mechanism and molecular regulation can be investigated, so as to conduct further studies at the cellular and molecular levels.
The popular services：
- Based on the high-content screening (HCS) platform, Creative Biolabs builds a variety of cell state analysis model that can analyze cell changes easily, quickly and multi-index, carrying out large-scale screening of small molecules, nucleic acid drugs. High-content screening (HCS) is a quantitative analysis method, which can measure the length of synapses to indicate the positive or negative effects of the measured drug.
- Induced pluripotent stem cell technology is very useful for us to study neuronal toxicity, and our platform has the technology to demonstrate the function of mature neurons in large quantities. By combining this unique biologically relevant cell type with high-content screening, we can rapidly identify compounds that play a leading role in causing neuronal toxicity and significantly reduce the cost of preclinical and related animal studies.
- Molecular Devices' Image Xpress Micro System, Meta Xpress Software and Acuity Xpress Software perfectly solve the problem of how to screen and evaluate toxic compounds in neurons. The combination of live cell screening and mature phenotypic imaging analysis can effectively identify neurotoxic compounds, thus providing strong support for early drug development.
The Creative Biolabs HCS platform is equipped with a variety of advanced equipment and data processing system to achieve the full automation of high-content screening, providing a reliable study of neurotoxicity.
Advantages of our cardiotoxicity detection services:
- Efficient screening of a large number of samples.
- Strict delivery standards.
- The world's leading analysis platform.
- Reducing drug research and development costs.
- Weis S, et al. Neurotoxicology and drug-related disorders. Handbook of Clinical Neurology, 2017, 145:181.
- Sharma H S, et al. Development of in vivo drug-induced neurotoxicity models. Expert Opinion on Drug Metabolism & Toxicology, 2014.
- Shuai Z L, et al. Review of high content screening applications in toxicology. Archives of Toxicology, 2019, 93(12): 3387-3396.
*For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.