Mitochondrial Toxicity Analysis Service
Mitochondria are the main site of energy metabolism in cells to generate ATP, and they play a very important role in the regulation of cell growth, proliferation, differentiation and death. Mitochondrial damage is an important feature of the toxic effects of many drugs. Mitochondrial toxicity has become an important factor in the failure of drug development or the limitation of clinical application. In addition, some drugs are required to be marketed for reevaluation because of the risk of mitochondrial toxicity. Therefore, pharmaceutical companies and drug research institutions have taken the evaluation of mitochondrial toxicity as an important part of the safety evaluation of drug candidates.
Creative Biolabs is an international leading one-stop service platform with highly integrated biomedical resources, providing customers with high-quality drug toxicity detection services, and commit to become a trusted partner of customers to maximize the protection of your intellectual property rights. Creative Biolabs ensures the integrity, safety and legality of research data to provide high-quality mitochondrial toxicity testing services.
We provide but are not limited to:
- Mitochondrial membrane potential assay. The decrease of mitochondrial membrane potential is a marker of early apoptosis. Using JC-1 as a fluorescent probe, mitochondrial membrane potential assay kit can quickly and sensitively detect cell, tissue or purified mitochondrial membrane potential changes, and is used for early detection of cell apoptosis.
- When the mitochondrial membrane potential is high, JC-1 accumulates in the mitochondrial matrix and produces red fluorescence.
- When the mitochondrial membrane potential is low, JC-1 can't concentrate in the mitochondrial matrix and produce green fluorescence.
- The relative ratio of red-green fluorescence is often used to measure the proportion of mitochondrial depolarization.
- The decrease of cell membrane potential can be easily detected by the transformation of JC-1 from red fluorescence to green fluorescence, and the transformation of JC-1 from red fluorescence to green fluorescence can also be used as an indicator of early apoptosis.
- Samples loaded with probes in situ can be observed directly by laser confocal microscopy or detected by fluorescence spectrophotometer, luciferase marker or flow cytometry after cell collection.
- Samples loaded with probes after cell collection can be detected by fluorescence spectrophotometer, fluorescein marker or flow cytometry, or observed by laser confocal microscope directly.
- The enhanced ATP assay kit can be used to detect the levels of ATP (adenosine 5'-triphosphate) in cells and tissues.
- The method has high sensitivity, wide linear range and good detection effect in the range of 0.1nM to 10 μM.
The popular services：
- Based on the evaluation requirements of a large number of candidate drugs, the rapid and sensitive high-throughput screening (HTS) and high-content screening (HCS) platform as well as the living cell imaging technology have become important technical means to evaluate the early mitochondrial toxicity of candidate drugs. It has significant advantages in targeted screening based on multiple toxic damage mechanisms.
- With the development of drug screening and computational biology, the virtual screening technology based on specific target and quantitative structure-activity relationship analysis can screen early mitochondrial toxicity. It is of great significance to the decision and balance of advantages and disadvantages of innovative drug research and development, improving the core competitiveness of innovative drug research.
With a variety of advanced equipment and years of practical experience in HTS/HCS and virtual screening technology, the Creative Biolabs can provide multi-parameter technique to detect multiple responses in one analysis, supplying a more efficient and stable mitochondrial toxicity detection service.
Advantages of mitochondrial toxicity detection services:
- Shorten the research cycle.
- Scientific and technological innovation.
- The world's leading experiment platform.
- High performance-price ratio.
- Meyer JN, et al. Mitochondrial Toxicity. Toxicol Sci. 2018, 162(1):15–23.
- Wallace KB. Mitochondrial Toxicity. Toxicology. 2017, 391:1.
- Shuai Z L, et al. Review of high-content screening applications in toxicology. Archives of Toxicology, 2019, 93(12): 3387-3396.
*For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.