Cardiotoxicity Analysis Service
Cytotoxicity is the main reason that many drugs fail to go into clinical application. Effective evaluation of drug toxicity at the early stage of drug screening is of great significance to improve drug conversion rate. Early detection of potential toxicity of drugs can save enormous development cost. The cardiac toxicity of drugs mainly manifests in the inhibition of cardiac cell ion channels, which affects the normal electrophysiological activities of cardiac cells, usually leading to prolonged QT interval and arrhythmia. And sudden cardiac death can occur in severe cases. Therefore, cardiotoxicity is a major obstacle to drug development.
Creative Biolabs provides a variety of effective cardiotoxicity screening methods to assess the toxicity propensity and structure-toxicity relationship, assisting customers in selecting and optimizing new drugs at an early stage of development. Creative Biolabs is able to quickly and timely report the results of a number of analytical methods and dose-dependent relationships, so that customers know the potential toxicity of the drug as soon as possible and optimize the compounds with a high probability of success.
We provide but are not limited to:
- hERG assay. The hERG gene is located on chromosome 7 (7q35 ~ q36) and the highest expression is found in cardiac tissue. The hERG gene plays an important role in the physiological process. The hERG potassium ion channel can regulate the early arrival of excitatory impulses from myocardial sinus node, and effectively inhibit the transmission of premature contraction. Three techniques can be used to test the effect of compounds on hERG potassium channels.
- Automated Patch-Clamp. Qpatch16X, introduced by Creative Biolabs platform, can form gigabit sealing and realize high-throughput detection under the premise of accurate measurement. This method can accurately record changes in the current mediated by ion channels, which is considered the "gold standard" for studying ion channels
- Conventional Patch-Clamp. Conventional Patch-Clamp is one of the most important techniques to study ion channels. It can be used to evaluate the toxicity of candidate drugs and optimize the structure of lead compounds in the process of new drug application.
- FluxORTM Thallium Assay. It can be tested on 96-well plates or 384-well plates to meet the requirements of high throughput. It is suitable for the preliminary screening of compounds and the optimization of lead compounds.
- In vitro heart perfusion study model. The main purpose of this study is to examine the effect of the compounds on the electrocardiogram of an isolated heart. The electrocardiogram is potentials changes measured when numerous cardiomyocytes are excited. From this study, it is more visualized to see whether the drugs can cause prolonged QT interval and other electrocardiogram abnormalities.
- Bio-telemetry. Bio-telemetry is the preferred method for evaluating the safety of the cardiovascular system as recommended by ICH. In evaluating the cardiac safety of drugs, the risk of drug-induced torsional ventricular arrhythmia (Tdp) is a major concern for new drug developers, which is the focus of bio-telemetry study.
The popular service：
- Under the precondition of keeping the integrity of the cell structure and function, high-content screening is able to detect the influence of drugs on cell morphology, growth, differentiation, migration, apoptosis, metabolic pathway and signal transduction. High-content screening can obtain a large number of related information about genes, proteins and other cellular components in a single assay, making sure the process of biological activity and potential toxicity.
- High-content screening is mainly applied in the influence of cell function, such as cytotoxicity. The screening results are diversified, and the main feature is multiple targets and multiple indicators. Getting information on cellular levels helps researchers conduct more experiments in less time and cost.
- Based on the high-content screening platform, Creative Biolabs builds a variety of cell state analysis model that can analyze cell changes easily, quickly and multi-index, carrying out large-scale screening of small molecules, nucleic acid drugs.
The Creative Biolabs HCS platform is equipped with a variety of advanced equipment and data processing system to achieve the full automation of high-content screening, providing analysis and screening of cell health and toxicity.
Advantages of our cardiotoxicity detection services:
- Strict delivery standards.
- Perfect cell culture technology.
- High cost performance.
- Impeccable biotechnology products & services.
- Varga Z V, et al. Drug-induced mitochondrial dysfunction and cardiotoxicity. AJP Heart and Circulatory Physiology, 2015, 309(9):ajpheart.00554.2015.
- Mordwinkin N M, et al. A Review of Human Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Cardiomyocytes for High-Throughput Drug Discovery, Cardiotoxicity Screening, and Publication Standards. Journal of Cardiovascular Translational Research, 2013, 6(1):22-30.
- Shuai Z L, et al. Review of high content screening applications in toxicology. Archives of Toxicology, 2019, 93(12): 3387-3396.
*For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.