The importance of physico-chemical service of druggability research
The druggability refers to the characteristic of being developed as a drug,which needs the preliminary pharmacodynamic study, the early evaluation of pharmacokinetics and drug safety. Physical and chemistry research is one of the essential projects during the druggability study. The physico-chemical properties of drug molecules, to a large extent, determine the absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion (ADME) of drugs in the body, which is not only an important index of druggability, but also directly related to the follow-up drug research.
To serve scientific researchers and pharmaceutical companies, we can provide a perfect evaluation platform for medicinal properties. Our platform can meet the needs of different types of physico-chemical service, helping customers improve the success probability of a new drug.
The function of physico-chemical service in nucleic acid drugs discovery
The study of physical and chemistry properties of drugs is the basis of the study of druggability, which including solubility, stability, partition coefficient (logP) and so on.
- Solubility is one of the important parameters to achieve the required concentration of the drug in the systemic circulation, in order to achieve the needed pharmacological reaction.
- Lipophilicity plays a key role in the combination of the compound with the drug target. The binding effect of many compounds with biological target molecules is the interaction between lipophilic groups. Only the compounds with suitable lipophilicity can finally become drugs. The above two affect the metabolic process of the compound after entering the body, and then affect the bioavailability of the drug.
- The investigation of stability provides theoretical guidance for further study on storage and transportation conditions and follow-up development of dosage forms.
We provide but are not limited to:
- The determination of molecular weight of drugs.
- The determination of solubility and dissolution rate of drugs in different solutions.
- The determination of partition coefficient. (1) logP; (2) AlogP; (3) ClogP; and (4) Lipophilic ligand efficiency (LLE).
- The determination of stability. (1) Light stability (2) Thermal stability (3) pH stability.
- The determination of topological polar surface area (TPSA).
- The determination of the number of hydrogen-bonded acceptors and hydrogen-bonded donors.
- The determination of the number of rotatable bonds.
Featured technical service：
- The high-resolution mass spectrometry is applied to determine molecular weight. Drug solution and partition coefficient can be assay by HPLC and the shake flask method respectively. We examine the stability of drugs in strict accordance with the Pharmacopoeia requirements.
- To calculate the topological polar surface area, the ChemOffice Professional 15 is used. We can also use Multiwfn and VMD analysis to get the information about hydrogen-bound. Besides, the number of rotatable bonds can be assured by AutoDock.
Advantages of our physico-chemical properties detection services:
- High-end testing equipment.
- Rich experience in testing.
- Advanced detection technology.
- Standard test report.
- Leeson Paul D, et al. The influence of drug-like concepts on decision-making in medicinal chemistry. Nature reviews. Drug discovery, 2007,6(11).
- Gill Adrian L, et al. A comparison of physicochemical property profiles of marketed oral drugs and orally bioavailable anti-cancer protein kinase inhibitors in clinical development.Current topics in medicinal chemistry, 2007,7(14).
- Emanuele Perola. An Analysis of the Binding Efficiencies of Drugs and Their Leads in Successful Drug Discovery Programs. American Chemical Society, 2010(7).
*For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.